90% of American have health insurance, CDC reports — 5 facts to know
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported more than 90 percent of Americans have health insurance, according to Forbes.
Here are five things to know:
1. Approximately 16 million more Americans are insured in 2015 than 2013.
2. Experts project the uninsured rate will continue to decease as enrollment in the ACA exchanges and Medicaid increases.
3. The uninsured rate has decreased from 18.5 percent in 2013 to 10.5 percent in 2015 for those states that expanded Medicaid.
4. For states that did not expand Medicaid, approximately 23 percent of residents under age 65 were uninsured in 2013 compared to 17 percent in 2015.
5. Increased health coverage has resulted in an increase in healthcare jobs, which has seen its greatest surge since 1991. In the last year, the hospital sector has gained more than 100,000 jobs.