Community Behavioral Health Billing Services
Behavioral health is the study of emotions, biology, and mentality that lead to a person’s behavior and how it impacts their daily life. Unfortunately, the sort of care given to patients and the funding provided for treatment make Community Behavioral Health Billing Services complicated.
The current opioid abuse epidemic, which includes both prescription pain relievers and heroin, is having a major impact on the healthcare industry. Traditionally, services for mental health and general health have been given separately from those for the prevention and treatment of drug abuse and substance use disorders.
Speak to our Experts on
Counselors and psychiatrists handle their patients in a variety of ways, such as counseling, medication, meditation, and so on. These treatments can take a long time, depending on the patient and the illness.
A patient with incapacitating behavioral problems requires extra rehabilitation, literacy instruction, job training, etc. Unfortunately, the time allotted by insurance companies for each treatment technique is longer than it actually takes, which results in errors when services are billed. Therefore, understanding the problems that lead to denied claims and delayed refunds is crucial. Common reasons for rejections include:
- Prior Authorization: Most Community Behavioral Health Billing procedures require that the provider obtain prior authorization before the treatment.
- Mistakes in the documentation: 24/7 Medical Billing Services suggests specific documentation, such as timesheets, encounter notes, time and place of service, and proof that the plan was created by a professionally led care team that included the patient and their family. Establishing the medical necessity of the procedures/treatment is critical, and detailed documentation can help you minimize denials.
- Coding Precision: Because treatment billing is based on the number of units, time spent on therapy is critical. Appropriate medical codes based on time spent can help prevent errors in the number of units billed.
- Policy Violations: 24/7 Medical Billing Services specifically identify typical policy violations that occur in Community Behavioral Health Billing Services treatments.
Running a successful practice/billing business requires accurate billing and the submission of clean claims for the services rendered. By outsourcing your billing process, you can free up some of your time and put your employees to use better.
It can also prevent significant financial losses resulting from incorrect billing & claim filing. Our group of behavioral and mental health billers uses best practices to boost your income and cut down on claim rejections.
Medical Billing Services Expertise in Behavioral & Mental Health
Our staff of behavioral and mental health billers and coders has received specialized training and can provide data-driven solutions to improve your revenue cycle. We have clients in more than 50 states, including hospitals, physician practices, and medical billing companies. Our coders are certified by the American Academy of Professional Coders and are proficient in ICD-9/10, CPT, and HCPCS coding based on Medical Billing Services and AMA guidelines.
Applying The best practices for Behavioral & Mental Health Billing
Our staff is constantly updating the HIPAA rules for Community Behavioral Health Billing Services & Coding. To prevent long-term denials, we guarantee prior authorization of the patient’s eligibility & benefits with mental health insurance. We can file accurate claims because our team of medical billers and coders is immediately familiar with the ICD codes for behavior and mental health. The best methods listed below are what we advise.
- Better is having more details. Our staff asks the patient for all relevant information, such as secondary contact information (phone numbers, addresses, type of insurance, social security number, etc.). We can cut down on the time it takes to check on claims by making sure we have all the information we need before contacting an insurance company.
- Options that are specialized. You can prevent unneeded complications or delays thanks to our team’s expertise in dealing with Community Behavioral Health Billing’s complexities.
- Invoke Follow-Up. Our team regularly monitors filed claims to identify and address issues with denials without going over the allotted time.
- CPT & HBAI codes. We stay up to date on CPT code changes and have a thorough understanding of how HBAI codes are used when billing for mental health services provided to reduce the impact of a physical health problem.